To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be available to attend a full-time training program that meets Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM and job shadowing for two weeks, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds, push 200 pounds, and stand for at least 4 hours without assistance.
- Have flexible work availability including every Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
- Have proficiency in English at an intermediate level.
- Be able to pass a drug test.
To apply: Attend an information session at our Dudley Square Training Center located at 2201 Washington St., Roxbury, MA. Arrive 30 minutes early to complete paperwork. Information sessions include a general overview of the pre-apprenticeship training program and a short screening interview. Plan to spend at least two hours at the information session. The full application process includes three interviews, reference checking and drug testing.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
- Introduction to Hospitality Training Program: Info Sessions will resume in the fall for our 2019 classes.
- Professional Food Server Training Program Info Sessions: every Wednesday at 4 p.m.
Professional Food Server Training Program: June 11 – 29, 2018
Please note that classes are grant funded and these grants have specific eligibility requirements. BEST Hospitality Training staff determines candidates’ eligibility for a particular class.
Housekeeping Apprenticeship: Graduates of BEST’s pre-apprenticeship program seek hotel housekeeping positions in partner hotels. Many of BEST’s hotel partners are signatory employers to the UNITE HERE Local 26 collective bargaining agreement, but not all. Upon hire, graduates begin their on the job training 2,000-hour apprenticeship. BEST works closely with the hotels and the graduates during the apprenticeship. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, graduates earn a nationally recognized certification from the Massachusetts Department of Labor and 3 additional credits at Bunker Hill Community College.