The Healthcare Environmental Services Worker Training Program was designed in response to the workforce need in the healthcare industry due to the COVID-19 crisis. This program is a four week, online class that trains participants for the in-demand positions in Environmental Services. The class meets Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 1 PM online using media platforms such as Zoom and Google Classroom. The curriculum includes an overview of the Environmental Services Worker position and terminology, OSHA guidelines including chemical safety, blood-borne pathogens, etc., ergonomics, cross-cultural communication skills, customer service, professionalism, preventing workplace harassment, computer skills, resume writing, interview skills and much more. Upon completion, participants work with career coaches on their job search.
To be eligible, candidates must be:
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to communicate well in English.
- Able to work a rotating schedule.
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Able to pass an employer background check and drug test.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for 4 hours.
- Available to attend an online class
Thank you for your interest in the Environmental Services Worker Training Program at BEST Hospitality Training.
To be considered for the program:
- Click here to complete and submit our application.
- Watch the online information session.
- Speak with a BEST staff person. A BEST staff person will contact you to discuss your interest in the Healthcare Environmental Services Worker Training program.
Cycle 1: 6/1/20 – 6/12/20
Cycle 2: 9/14/20 – 10/2/20
Cycle 3: 1/25/21 – 2/19/21
Cycle 4: 4/26/21 – 5/21/21