The Healthcare Environmental Services Worker Training Program was designed in response to the workforce need in the healthcare industry due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This program is a three week, online class that trains participants for the in-demand positions in Environmental Services. The class meets Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 1 PM online using media platforms such as Zoom and Google Classroom. The curriculum includes an overview of the Environmental Services Worker position and terminology, OSHA guidelines including chemical safety, blood-borne pathogens, etc., ergonomics, cross-cultural communication skills, customer service, professionalism, preventing workplace harassment, computer skills, financial literacy, resume writing, interview skills and much more. Students earn a certificate in housekeeping safety from OSHAcademy. Upon completion, participants work with BEST staff on their job search.
To be eligible, candidates must be:
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to communicate well in English.
- Able to work a rotating schedule.
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Able to pass an employer background check and drug test.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for 4 hours.
- Available to attend an online class
- Are vaccinated or willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine if required by the employer
Thank you for your interest in the Environmental Services Worker Training Program at BEST Hospitality Training.
To be considered for the program:
- Click here to complete and submit our application.
- Watch the online information session.
- Speak with a BEST staff person. A BEST staff person will contact you to discuss your interest in the Healthcare Environmental Services Worker Training program.
Cycle 1: 11/1/21 – 11/19/21
Cycle 2: 1/10/22 – 1/28/22
Cycle 3: 3/28/22 – 4/15/22
Cycle 4: 5/2/22 – 5/20/22