The Healthcare Environmental Services Worker Training Program was designed in response to the workforce need in the healthcare industry due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This program is a class that trains participants for the in-demand positions in Environmental Services (housekeeping) in hospitals and healthcare facilities. The class meets Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 1 PM in person at BEST Hospitality Training, 101 Station Landing, 4th Floor, Medford (near Wellington Station on the Orange Line).
The curriculum includes an overview of the Environmental Services Worker position and terminology, OSHA guidelines including chemical safety, blood-borne pathogens, etc., ergonomics, cross-cultural communication skills, customer service, professionalism, preventing workplace harassment, computer skills, financial literacy, resume writing, interview skills and much more. Students earn a certificate in housekeeping safety from OSHAcademy. Upon completion, participants work with BEST staff on their job search.
To be eligible, candidates must be:
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to communicate well in English.
- Able to work a rotating schedule.
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Able to pass an employer background check and drug test.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for 4 hours.
- Available to attend an online class
- Are vaccinated or willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine if required by the employer
Thank you for your interest in the Environmental Services Worker Training Program at BEST Hospitality Training.
To be considered for the program:
- Click here to complete and submit our application.
- Watch the online information session.
- Speak with a BEST staff person. A BEST staff person will contact you to discuss your interest in the Healthcare Environmental Services Worker Training program.
Cycle 1: 11/1/21 – 11/19/21
Cycle 2: 1/10/22 – 1/28/22
Cycle 3: 4/11/22 – 4/29/22
Cycle 4: 5/16/22 – 6/3/22