Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport Housekeeping Training Program
The new Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport, 450 Summer St. is scheduled to open in early September, 2021. Due to our funding, this training program is for Boston residents only. You will be required to verify your Boston residency. The program is a four week, hybrid class that trains and places participants in housekeeping positions at the hotel. The majority of the program is virtual and meets Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 1 PM, online using media platforms such as Zoom and Google Classroom. In-person dates, times and Boston location for the housekeeping hard skills training is still to be determined.
The curriculum includes an overview of the housekeeping function, hands-on skills training in a model hotel room, ergonomics, chemical safety and blood-borne pathogens, cross-cultural communication skills, customer service, professionalism, preventing workplace harassment, financial literacy, computer skills, resume writing, career coaching, and much more.
To be eligible, candidates must be:
- Living in Boston
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Available to attend an online class that meets M-F, 10 AM-1 PM, & in-person training TBD.
- Able to communicate well in English.
- Able to work a rotating schedule.
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Able to pass an employer background check and drug test.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for 4 hours.
- Able to begin work immediately upon graduation.
Thank you for your interest in BEST’s Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport Housekeeping Training Program. To be considered for the program:
- Click here to complete and submit our application.
- Watch the online information session.
- Speak with a BEST staff person. A BEST staff person will call you at the time you request on the application to discuss your interest in the training program.
Cycle 1: 7/12/21 – 8/6/21