Hotel Housekeeping Training Program (Hybrid; Boston Residents Only)
The Hotel Housekeeping Training Program is open to Boston residents only. It is a four week, hybrid class that trains and places participants in hotel housekeeping positions. The majority of the program is virtual and meets Monday–Friday, 10 AM–1 PM, online using media platforms such as Zoom and Google Classroom. In-person dates, times and Boston location for the housekeeping hard skills training are still to be determined.
The curriculum includes an overview of the hotel housekeeping function, hands-on skills training in a hotel room, ergonomics, chemical safety and blood-borne pathogens, cross-cultural communication skills, customer service, professionalism, preventing workplace harassment, financial literacy, computer skills, resume writing, interview skills, and much more. Students earn a certificate in housekeeping safety from OSHAcademy and work with BEST staff on their job search. Candidates will be required to verify Boston residency.
To be eligible, candidates must be:
- Living in Boston
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Available to attend an online class that meets M-F, 10 AM-1 PM, & in-person training TBD.
- Able to communicate well in English.
- Able to work a rotating schedule.
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Able to pass an employer background check and drug test.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for 4 hours.
- Able to begin work immediately upon graduation.
Thank you for your interest in BEST’s Hotel Housekeeping Training Program (Hybrid; Boston Residents Only). To be considered for the program: Check back for announcements.
- Watch the online information session.
- Speak with a BEST staff person. A BEST staff person will call you to discuss your interest in the training program.
Cycle 1: 7/26/21 – 8/20/21
Cycle 2: 2/14/22 – 3/11/22