Housekeeping Apprenticeship: Graduates of BEST’s pre-apprenticeship program seek hotel housekeeping positions in partner hotels. Many of BEST’s hotel partners are signatory employers to the UNITE HERE Local 26 collective bargaining agreement, but not all. Upon hire, graduates begin their on the job training 2,000-hour apprenticeship. BEST works closely with the hotels and the graduates during the apprenticeship. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, graduates earn a nationally recognized certification from the Massachusetts Department of Labor and 3 additional credits at Bunker Hill Community College.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be available to attend a full-time training program that meets Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM and job shadowing for two weeks, 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds, push 200 pounds, and stand for at least 4 hours without assistance.
- Have flexible work availability including every Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
- Have proficiency in English at an intermediate level.
- Be able to pass an employer background check.
To apply: Attend an information session at either our Dudley Square Training Center located at 2201 Washington St., Roxbury, MA. or our Wellington T Station Training Center located at 101 Station Landing, Fourth Floor, Medford, MA. Arrive 30 minutes early to complete paperwork. Information sessions include a general overview of the pre-apprenticeship training program and a short screening interview. Plan to spend at least two hours at the information session. The full application process includes three interviews, reference checking and drug testing.
Information Sessions: Introduction to Hospitality Training Program Information Sessions are currently on hold.
Cycle 1: 1/6/20 – 2/14/20
Cycle 2: 2/24/20 – 4/3/20
Cycle 3: TBD
Cycle 4: TBD
Cycle 5: TBD