Introduction to Hospitality, Housekeeping Pre-Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship Programs
To learn more about the programs, click here to watch the information session.
To meet us in person to learn about the programs, attend an information session at:
Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport, 450 Summer St., Boston (enter hotel from World Trade Center Ave., go down escalator and through glass tunnel to training center door on the left)
- Monday, January 9, 2023, at 11 AM
- Monday, January 30, 2023, at 11 AM
101 Station Landing, 4th Floor, Medford
- Monday, January 23, 2023, at 11 AM
To meet us virtually to learn about the programs, attend an information session via Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87674861519 on:
- Thursday, January 12, 2023 at 3 PM
- Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 3 PM
- Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 3 PM
To apply for the programs, click here to complete the Introduction to Hospitality Application form.
To view and distribute our flyer, click here.
BEST’s pre-apprenticeship program is called the Introduction to Hospitality, Housekeeping Pre-Apprenticeship Program. This 150 hour, six-week, full time pre-apprenticeship program, trains participants for positions in hotel housekeeping departments. The related classroom instruction includes components such as hands-on skills training in a model hotel room, ergonomics, chemical safety and blood-borne pathogens, cross-cultural communication skills, customer service, professionalism, computer skills, interview skills, hotel branding and job shadowing. Upon completion, participants work with career coaches on their job search. Graduates receive a Massachusetts Department of Labor Housekeeping Pre-Apprenticeship credential. An articulation agreement between Bunker Hill Community College and BEST awards 9 college credits to pre-apprentice graduates pursuing a hospitality certificate or associates degree upon completion of their prior learning assessment portfolio.
Housekeeping Apprenticeship: Graduates of BEST’s pre-apprenticeship program seek hotel housekeeping positions in partner hotels. Many of BEST’s hotel partners are signatory employers to the UNITE HERE Local 26 collective bargaining agreement, but not all. Upon hire, graduates begin their on the job training 2,000-hour apprenticeship. BEST works closely with the hotels and the graduates during the apprenticeship. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, graduates earn a nationally recognized certification from the Massachusetts Department of Labor and 3 additional credits at Bunker Hill Community College.
The next Introduction to Hospitality, Housekeeping Pre-Apprenticeship will run from March 3, 2023 to April 14, 2023.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Available to attend class that meets M-F, 9 AM – 2 PM, in-person and virtual for 6 weeks.
- Available to attend job shadowing 7 AM – 5 PM for a few days during the 6-week class.
- Able to communicate well in English at an intermediate level.
- Able and willing to work a rotating, flexible schedule that includes every Saturday, Sunday, and holiday.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, push 250 pounds, and stand for at least 4 hours without assistance.
- Able to pass an employer background and drug test.
- Able to begin work immediately upon graduation.
2023 Cycle Dates
- Cycle 1, January 6 – February 17
- Cycle 2, March 3 – April 14