BEST classes are primarily for Local 26 employees with education benefits and their covered adult dependents. When there is additional space in an English or computer class, BEST welcomes a limited number of fee-based students. Students in fee-based slots must understand and agree to the following:
Classes are offered based on a per cycle basis, when available.
These prices include one week of vacation and holidays as noted. If there is a last minute cancellation, BEST will make all efforts to schedule a make-up class.
Payment is non-refundable (except in a qualifying event) and must be submitted as a money order.
One upfront full payment is preferred. If necessary, a two-payment option is available whereby the student pays 50% before starting class and 50% after six weeks of class.
Tuition for non-Local 26 Members
- $360 for one 14-week cycle of English classes (6 hours/week)
- $180 for one 14-week cycle of computer classes (2.5 hours/week)
- $180 for one 14-week cycle of citizenship classes (2.5 hours/week)
Local 26 Members who are not eligible for education benefits pay a reduced rate
- $280 for one 14-week cycle of English classes
- $140 for one 14-week cycle of computer classes
- $140 for one 14-week cycle of citizenship classes
Pricing for ServSafe
- $150 per person
- Training, book and exam
- $120 per person
- Training and exam
- No book
- $75 per person
- Exam only
Pricing for TIPS
$50 for Local 26 members without education benefits
- Punctuality is mandatory.
- Better attendance leads to faster advancement. After three unexcused absences, the slot will be given to another student.
- English class level is determined by a BEST Plus test and a teacher assessment. Students advance through levels at different rates.
- Enrollment is based on availability of fee-based slots in the level at which the student tested.
- Students in fee-based classes are not guaranteed entry into BEST’s Job Seeker training classes. Those entry requirements are completely separate.
- Students in fee-based classes are not eligible for BEST Corp. tutors.
- All students, regardless of funding, must complete required forms: Intake form, writing assessment, computer skills assessment, a safety contract, a photo release form, and an emergency contact form.