Online ESL/Computer/Citizenship Tutors Needed!
We are a non-profit education and training program for hospitality workers in Boston. The majority of our students are adult immigrants who work in Boston’s union hotels. Our mission is to provide our students with the skills and training to excel in the hospitality industry and in their personal lives.
Boston Education, Skills & Training (BEST) is looking for volunteers to work one-on-one with adult immigrants to improve their English and computer skills, and prepare for the US citizenship test.
If you’re fluent in English, interested in education, and passionate about helping others, this is a wonderful opportunity! Volunteers will be supported by a volunteer coordinator and provided a wealth of resources. We ask you to please make a commitment ranging from 30-60 minutes per week for a minimum of six months. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable teaching skills, learn about other cultures, and empower students in the community.
- Main Responsibilities (depending on volunteer interest):
- Providing one-on-one online tutoring to students in English, citizenship, or computer skills
- Assisting teachers in online English, citizenship, or computer classes
- Experience that is helpful, but not required:
- Tutoring or teaching experience
- Familiarity using virtual meeting platforms and online tools
- Knowledge of a second language
All volunteers participate in an online volunteer orientation. If interested, please complete this form. For any questions, please contact Rose London or Huiling Chen.
AmeriCorps Member, English Instructor, Volunteer Coordinator